Apply to Adopt
Rally To Rescue
Love A Golden
Try our "free"
Love A Golden Toolbar.
Every time you
search, a small donation is made to Love A Golden.
For more information Click
Help us collect
Love A Golden Rescue.
We have reached 400,000 and are aiming for 500,000
for more information and to see our progress toward this goal.
Lost your dog?
Here are 12 steps that will
find your missing pet.
1. Contact your neighbors have them help
look or keep an eye out for your dog.
2. Look around your neighborhood, particularly in area that are favorites
for your dogs or areas where you walk or play frequently.
3. Contact your local humane society/animal shelter with a complete
description of your dog and the dog's chip information. Be sure you
contact all shelters in your area, not just the closest.
4. If you pet was adopted from Love A Golden Rescue, contact us.
5. Put an ad in the newspaper as quickly as possible, in most newspapers
lost/found pet ads are free :
"Lost (day, date) near (your neighborhood) description of pet, reward
(list amount if offering a reward), Please call (give your phone
6. Contact the police and make a report. Your dog may have been stolen.
8. Contact local vets in case the dog is found and brought in for a
check-up or treatment for an injury.
9. The signs posted in your neighborhood should be 14 x 17 or 22 x 28 in
fluorescent colors. Keep the printing large and to a minimum. It is also
good to have a picture if possible, this allows people driving by to read
much easier. Flyers for handing out can be 8 1/2 by 11. Post them in the
neighborhood, at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
10. Have plan to be available to receive calls about your missing pet. Be
sure to add a special message to your answering machine.
11. Visit local shelters daily to look for your missing dog. They will be
likely too busy to be looking themselves.
12. Missing Pet Partnership link to web page www.lostapet.org.
This Page was last updated on
November 17, 2008